Bringing home your dog is exciting, but it can be stressful for the dog.
Adopting a dog is a huge commitment that comes with plenty of rewards. But, before adopting your pup, there are few things to do before, during, and after taking them home.
Here are some helpful tips for preparing your home for a newly adopted dog…
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short, enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the future.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don’t worry, God never blinks.
16.. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to be happy. But it ‘ s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time the time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles .
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative of dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.”
- Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
- Don’t enter a pool by the stairs.
- The man at the BBQ Grill is the closest thing to a king.
- In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
- Request the late check-out.
- When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
- Hold your heroes to a higher standard. And be your own hero.
- Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
- Play with passion or not at all…
- When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye.
- Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
- If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
- Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
- You marry the girl, you marry her family.
- Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
- Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
- Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
- Never turn down a breath mint.
- A sport coat is worth 1000 words.
- Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
- Thank a veteran. Then make it up to him.
- Eat lunch with the new kid.
- After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
- Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
- Manners maketh the man.
- Give credit. Take the blame.
- Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
- Write down your dreams. Then work hard everyday to make them come true.
- Always protect your siblings (and teammates).
- Be confident and humble at the same time.
- Call and visit your parents often. They miss you and love you more than anything.
- Always help someone in trouble.
- Remember can’t is a cop out. You are capable of anything you put your heart to.
- Be a simple man. But love passionately