For as long as the possibility of self-driving cars has filled the imagination, there have been parallel dreams of what people might do inside their vehicles once freed from the monotony of driving.
When the idea of vehicles that drove themselves took hold in the 1950s — with electric infrastructure embedded in highways as a guiding principle — one particular sketch came to encapsulate notions of how passengers would spend their time: A family sits contentedly around a small table, playing a game of dominoes. If not for the steering wheel behind Dad’s left arm, it’d be easy to mistake the setting for this wholesome family activity for a living room instead of a vehicle hurtling down a highway…
As early as I can remember, my parents would always rent a summer place in July or August at the beach. First it was Revere beach, then Nantasket. I have a lot of old family beach photos I plan to put here.
I hope you enjoy them…
This is me, my brother Michael behind me, and the house where we stayed.
Used books are the perfect product for the small eBay, Amazon or online seller.
- They are easy to find
- Although there are tons of expensive books, most books sell for less than $25. This attracts few thieves and scam artists
- Used books are highly profitable. You can buy books for a quarter of fifty cents that will sell for $10, $20, $30 or more –sometimes much more.
- Books are easy to list, store and ship
- Book prices are easy to research and determine
- Books and book condition descriptions are standard and well understood.
- Book cover photographs are available for most modern books just by typing in the ISBN number
- It only takes a couple of minutes to create a book listing. Amazon, eBay and other sites have standard pre-written descriptions that will fill in automatically just by entering the ISBN number
- Perfect, low-risk business for the part-time seller
- The online book market is growing at double-digit rates and shows no sign of slowing down. Used books make up a larger and larger portion of that business
- Recession-proof business. When the economy slows down, used book sales increase